On behalf of the 8th grade team, I want to welcome you to another great year at Avonworth Middle School! For our students and your son/daughter, this is an important year. It is our goal to help prepare our students for the challenges and demands of high school. Hopefully, your son/daughter will find the eighth grade to be an exciting experience.
Doug Haskins and the 8th Grade Team
- Mrs. Abate, learning support teacher, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Miss Raitano, English teacher, jraitano@avonworth.
- Mrs. Galecki, reading teacher, kgalecki@avonworth.
- Ms. Costantiono-Poruben, mathematics teacher, mcostantino-Poruben@
- Mr. Haskins, science teacher, dhaskins@avonworth.
- Mr. Smith, social studies teacher, email@example.com.
Staying In Touch (Three helpful AMS 8 communication tools)
- Remind - AMS Grade 8 text messages (for students)
Students can receive a reminder of important information through the Remind text message service. The service is free and students can choose to receive text messages, notifications through the Remind App or an email. Click here to enroll!
- Google Calendar - AMS Grade 8 Homework & Event Calendar (for students)
The 8th grade calendar with homework reminders and other information can be seen on Edline under middle school teaching teams. Students may choose to add this calendar to their Google Account, a mobile device, or another digital calendar such as Outlook. Learn more about using the calendar from the AMS Parent Academy (Information).
- Stay Connected - AMS Grade 8 Blog & Weekly Newsletter (for parents)
To help parents and guardians stay informed, the 8th grade team provides a blog about the projects, events, and activities happening at school! You can see the blog on our site amsgrade8.blogspot.com or you can enroll in our weekly newsletter by submitting your email address. The newsletter will be sent after school each starting the first week of September.