The Women and Girls Foundation is still accepting applications for our 2016 GirlGov yearlong program and we need help spreading the word to young girls entering 9th grade in the Fall of 2016.
The Women and Girls Foundation’s Seventh Annual GirlGov program will kick off this summer with a trip to Harrisburg June 12th through June 16th. GirlGov is designed to provide local girls with the opportunity to learn firsthand about government, civics, advocacy, philanthropy, community involvement, youth organizing, women’s history, and leadership. Participants will shadow a state legislator for the day and learn about current public policy issues impacting women’s and girls’ lives in our region. Transportation, overnight accommodations, and meals are included; there is NO FEE TO PARTICIPATE. This year’s program also includes GirlGov meetings from 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM on the second Thursday of every month. Transportation to and from GirlGov meetings is the participant’s responsibility.
The program is open to all girls entering 9th to 12th grade in the Fall of 2016 who live in Allegheny, Fayette, Greene, Washington, and Westmoreland counties. Past GirlGov participants are welcome to apply.
This year’s program promises to be our biggest and best yet! Participants will have opportunities to:
· Shadow a state legislator for a day at the Pennsylvania State Capitol in Harrisburg
· Learn about philanthropy and grant-making, and award $10,000 to local girl-led projects
· Explore nonprofit and government career options
· Discuss issues affecting women and girls with key decision makers
· Meet and hear from accomplished women working in and with government
· Become (more) involved in community civics
· Most of all – have fun!
APPLY HERE: https://wgfpa.wufoo.com/forms/mv4qah904z1w29/
The application deadline is this Friday, April 29th. If you need a deadline extension, please contact email@example.com.
Avonworth School District does not sponsor the activities of GirlGov.